There are some factors we should consider during the interview:
- It´s indispensable to be in time. You can even arrive early to avoid any unforeseen event.
- You should not mention your personal troubles to your possible employer, because you may look like a problematic person.
- You should have enough time for the interview, foreseeing the possibility of a long duration interview, with some psychological tests.
The importance of body language
Body language is a very important factor that can mark the difference in this situation, being profitable or detrimental to our interest.
You should consider:
- Look at the employer in the eye when you are talking to him or shaking his hand. You will look like a reliable and enterprising person, a good professional, someone honest and capable of making important decisions.
- Listen and pay attention to everybody who is talking to you.
- Once you are sitting, get into a comfortable position. It is not recommended to sit in the chair rim, it´s better to be relaxed, but not sitting back in the chair, because it seems disrespectful.
- Don´t fold your arms, because it shows a defensive posture.
- ry to keep your hands quiet, so you seem a calm and confident person.
The importance of spoken language
The way you talk to your employer, the way you greet him and answer him is also evaluated. You should use a formal language, politely appreciating his attentions.
The employer who is carrying out the interview, will ask the questions he considers necessary. We must answer concisely and securely. If possible, you´ll add some information to show your way to proceed in same situations.
You should answer naturally, using a simple language without monosyllables and arguing every answer.
The interviewer will usually ask about your life, in order to test your emotions. When this happens it´s better to avoid the answer politely.
You always should show honesty, security and firmness, using arguments to validate your opinions.